At young age, our skin exfoliates itself and removes dead cells daily but over time, with aging as a factor and unprotected skin barrier for environmental impurities and UV rays, our skin’s ability to shed impurities slows down or in some cases stops as well. This starts resulting in clogged, enlarged pores, wrinkles, loss of elasticity, firmness and uneven skin tone.
Why are Gentle Exfoliators important?
It is said that nothing you put on your skin would work, unless you exfoliate i.e. if only we gently exfoliate the buildup dead cells-the way our skin used to naturally exfoliate when we were younger, then only other products would be easily absorbed and show their magic.
Gentle exfoliation uncovers the hidden beautiful, hydrated and soft skin under the buildup dead skin.
Chemical gentle exfoliators like AHA (alpha hydroxy acid) and BHA (Beta hydroxy acid) can make significant and quick difference in skin’s appearance without being harsh on the skin and not leaving it irritated and red.
Now, the question arises is that – Which chemical exfoliator is best?
AHAs (alpha hydroxy acids, e.g. glycolic and lactic acids) and BHA (beta hydroxy/salicylic acid) both act to “unglue” the bonds holding dull, dead skin on the surface. Once those bonds are broken—gently and evenly—skin naturally sheds its spent cells. So, although you won’t actually see your skin exfoliating, you’ll soon start to feel the smoother, younger-looking skin.
Also, AHA and BHA both:
- Brighten the skin
- Promote collagen production
- High in anti-aging properties
- Reduce appearance of surfaces lines and wrinkles
- Promotes blood flow to the skin
- Makes the skin even tone
- Prevents acne
But each exfoliant has an individual role to play:
COSRX AHA/BHA Treatment Toner– formulated using natural AHA, BHA and purifying botanical ingredients, the AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment works to soothe, refresh and soften your troubled skin. It gently exfoliates dead cells, controls sebum and helps keep your pores clear to give you flawless and rejuvenated wholesome skin.
- Prevents Whiteheads, Blackheads & Blemishes.
- Removes dead skin cells built up on the surface.
- Removes make-up residue from pores.
- Enriched with mineral water and vitamins.
COSRX AHA WHITEHEAD 7 POWER LIQUID– Formulated with 7% Glycolic Acid (AHA), AHA 7 Whitehead Power Liquid gently exfoliates skin and helps reveal a radiant even-toned complexion.
- Can be used on sensitive & irritated skin
- Eliminates whiteheads and blackheads.
- Contains hyaluronic acid.
- Contains natural AHA ingredient (Apple fruit water) instead of plain mineral water to maximize exfoliation and brightening benefits without any irritation.
COSRX BHA BLACKHEAD POWER LIQUID– this helps in preventing blackheads before they form. It also helps keep your pores clean by deep cleansing them and preventing blackhead formation, all the while exfoliating away dead cells and keeping your skin clean and glowing.
BHA is an oil soluble ingredient that dissolves the excess sebum(oil) which clogs pores and helps balance oil and prevent acne.
CONGESTED PORES BE GONE!! – Effectively penetrates into the skin and cleans up clogged pores.
- Reduced sebum(oil) in pores
- Removes blackheads, whiteheads and blemishes.
By Wishtrend Mandelic Acid 5% Skin Prep Water – Is a mild form of AHA, which makes it more tolerable for dry and sensitive skin. It has larger molecular size than other forms of AHA which causes less irritation and tingling affect to the skin.
By Wishtrend Mandelic Acid 5% Prep Water is Gentle AHA derived from almonds.
- Fades pigmentation and rejuvenates sun-damaged skin.
- Improves skin texture, prevents inflammation and removes acne marks.
Now, shop your way to poreless, clear and glass skin with our range of gentle exfoliants.